Tiger World, Rockwell, NC
Closing DateNovember 7, 2022
Tiger World Endangered Wildlife Preserve is located just 20 minutes North of Charlotte, NC, and has animals including Lions, Tigers, Leopards, Lemurs, Baboons, Bears, and more. We have available 3-month Intern positions throughout the year including for the WINTER 2022/2023 SPRING, SUMMER, FALL 2023. If you have always wanted an opportunity to work with these amazing animals check out our website https://tigerworld.us and please apply.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain practical work experience and knowledge caring for Bears, Primates, and Big Cats. Under close supervision, you will learn how to prepare diets, clean habitats, observe and document, implement enrichment, repair and build enclosures, give guided tours to visitors, assist with veterinary care, crate animals for transport, and more. There are opportunities for extending the internship to six  months and more advanced learning depending upon your commitment, dedication, and how well you work with the team and animals.
Education and Pre-requisites
1. Candidates should have at least two (2) years of program studies in zoology, animal management, biology, exotic animal husbandry, or a related field. Applicants who have already achieved their bachelors degree is a plus.
2. Must be able to do some heavy lifting of at least 50 pounds.
3. Must be able to work in unfavorable weather conditions including rain, snow, extreme heat, and freezing temperatures.
4. Must have a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and arrive to work on time and work late if necessary.
5. Must be able to follow instructions and required policies and procedures.
6. Must be honest, trustworthy, and organized.
7. Must have a valid driver’s license and social security card or if from outside the US, a Green Card and Visa, or Visa Waiver Program.
8. One  letter of reference/recommendation.
9. Unofficial or official school transcript and/or a copy of your degree.
10. Up-to-date vaccinations including Tetanus and be TB Negative. Vaccinated for Covid a plus.
Compensation and benefits
This is an unpaid voluntary position, however on-site housing and a weekly stipend of $80 is provided. The use of the company vehicle is available after work as long as you have a driver’s license and individual car insurance. We also evaluate the Interns for future employment opportunities with Tiger World, almost half of our staff were previous interns.
This internship is not affiliated with a college or university for credit hours, however, some colleges and universities have recognized Tiger World to fulfill internship requirements. It is the applicant’s responsibility to determine if your college or university recognizes Tiger World’s Intern studies program.
Please send your Resumé and Cover Letter to email@example.com along with your letter of recommendation and transcripts. We also enjoy pictures of your past experiences with your application. Please specify the 3-month time frame you will be available for the internship; WINTER Dec 26 2022-Mar 21 2023, SPRING Mar 24-Jun 20, SUMMER1 May 22-Aug 11, SUMMER2 Jun 23-Sep19, FALL Sep 22-Dec 22 . We carefully evaluate all applicants and will call for interviews over the phone or Skype (send us Skype address). Good Luck!