Wild Animal Safari
Closing DateSeptember 13, 2019
– Following correct safety procedures for working with all species animals
– All aspects of basic animal husbandry including cleaning/sanitizing animal enclosures, record keeping, operative conditioning/training
– Positive interaction with the public
– Creating enrichment experiences for the animals
– Food safety and preparation
– Administering medication or treatment under veterinary instruction and supervision
– Maintaining a clean work area and equipment
– Time management in a high paced environment
– Monitoring of behavior for mental and physical health of each animal
– Reporting repairs issues to maintenance and management in a timely fashion
– Safely operating vehicles and small power tools
Education and Pre-requisites
Bachelors of science in biology, zoology, or animal related sciences
Self motivated – can operate efficiently and safely under little to no supervision
Previous experience working with exotic animals in protected or no contact environments. Experience in training and operative conditioning a plus.
Creative/problem solving skills and a positive attitude
Physical ability to working in all weather conditions and to left up to 50 lbs.
Available to work weekends and holidays
Compensation and benefits
This will be a full-time keeper position. Hourly pay will depend on experience (minimum $9.50/hour). Major medical health care plan available after 90 days of employment.
Please send a Resume and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org via email or by mail to the Pine Mountain, Ga address. Please indicate the location you are applying for in your cover letter.