Tanganyika Wildlife Park
Closing DateAugust 22, 2023
Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, KS is looking for hardworking, self-motivated, dedicated animal care staff. Currently the park is 25 acres and has another 40+ acres to expand and we plan on growing. A new children’s zoo and safari park are among the plans for expansion. Tanganyika prides itself in providing wildly different experiences for its guests and being stewards for the animals in our care. In the past year, we have developed a set of core values to guide leadership and our team to improve and continue to meet our goals of becoming a destination park for visitors and a great place to work. If you like a fast paced, growth mindset culture come join the change.
The Trouble Maker’s Cove team is responsible for a variety of animals, a flock of over 30 African penguins, some sleepy two toed sloths, noisy otters, one of the United States’ only Albino Alligators, and others. They have an incredibly successful penguin chick breeding program and raised 8 chicks this year. That also means they have some pretty incredible biceps from all that scrubbing and fish prep.
If you wish you could watch a penguin walk down the aisle for someone’s wedding, love watching guests cry over meeting sloths, or think it’s fun to watch people getting splashed by penguins as they swim with them, then this team is for you.
Education and Pre-requisites
– Combination of education and hands-on experience that provides the required skills for the position
– Excellent public speaking and customer service skills
– Desire to grow as a team member, animal keeper, and human being
– Ability to stand or walk and be able to perform physical work outside in all weather conditions
– Ability to bend, stoop, and lift 50-75 pounds when necessary
– Ability to work long hours, weekend, weekdays, holidays, and everyday
Desired skills, experience, and individual qualities:
– Self motivated
– Hard working
– Ability to read behavior
– Fast learner
– Operant conditioning experience
– Conflict resolution
Compensation and benefits
– Starting hourly rate of $13.50/hr with pay modifiers for previous FT Keeper experience
– Year round, full-time position
– Professional development program that allows – Keepers to improve their skill set and earn additional pay compensation
– Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
– Supplemental Insurance
– PTO starting at 90 days
– In-House Discounts
– Free admission to TWP for yourself and family
Please apply at https://twpark.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
If you have any issues apply please email email@example.com for assistance.