Aggieland Wild Animal Safari
Closing DateNovember 15, 2020
Join our Zoo Crew as a Senior Animal Keeper in our Adventure Zoo! Animal keepers are typically not assigned to a single species, but are tasked based on experience, comfort level, and expertise. All Senior Keepers must be comfortable transitioning between different species and exhibits following initial training. Previous experience in a zoological institution, wildlife conservancy, or exotic animal facility is required. Applicants without previous experience will not be considered.
Education and Pre-requisites
– Completion of Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in animal directed studies (e.g. Zoology, Biology, Animal Science, etc.)
– At least one year’s experience working with exotic mammals (excluding pocket pets)
– Thorough knowledge of animal behavior and husbandry
– At least 18 years of age or older & legally authorized to work in the United States
– Pass a background check & drug test
– Available to work weekends and holidays
PREFERRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
– Experience working with a wide variety of animals such as exotic hoofstock, carnivores, birds, reptiles, etc.
– 2+ years experience in a zoological institution or wildlife conservancy
– Ability to work as a team
– Display efficiency and time management skills
– Complete assigned tasks with a positive attitude
– Demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn
Compensation and benefits
Determined based on experience and availability.
Visit https://aggielandsafari.com/employment to download a standard application of employment. Submit application, resume/CV, and a letter of intent to email@example.com.
Initial interview may be conducted on site, via phone, or Skype. Applicants being considered for the position must also perform a working interview.
Visit www.aggielandsafari.com to learn more about our facility! Questions may also be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.