Closing DateJuly 15, 2019
Under the direction of a Children’s Zoo Supervisor, the zookeeper role is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations associated with the husbandry of the animals and the maintenance of animal exhibits within the Children’s Zoo. The Children’s Zoo is a multi-taxa department housing over 80 species of animals in several exhibits with a focus on creating a lifelong connection between people and animals.
Our Mission: Houston Zoo connects communities with animals, inspiring action to save wildlife.
Our Vision: Houston Zoo will be a leader in the global movement to save wildlife.
Education and Pre-requisites
• Two-year or four-year degree in one of the natural sciences or a closely related discipline or a certificate of completion from an acceptable exotic animal care program of not less than 30 semester hours is preferred.
• One year of experience in animal care at an AZA or equivalent facility, gained through employment, internships, or volunteer experience.
• Specific training and work experience in other settings, such as aquaculture, schools, nature centers, agricultural operations, or conservation centers may be considered on a case-by-case basis as fulfillment for the experience requirements.
• Strong interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills.
• Valid Texas driver’s license or ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment.
Compensation and benefits
To apply please visit: https://www.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/houstonzoo