Virginia Safari Park
Closing DateSeptember 20, 2022
The Virginia Safari Park (www.virginiasafaripark.com) is an award-winning 180-acre drive-through safari park (within our 500-acre facility) located in Southwest Virginia. This ZAA-Accredited Facility houses 1,000+ specimens of a wide variety of hoofed stock, including breeding groups of white rhinoceros and reticulated giraffe. We also breed cheetahs, Ruppel’s vultures, radiated tortoises, African penguins, Giant anteaters, and a variety of other endangered and rare species.
Conservation is at the core of what we do. Through our various breeding programs and in conjunction with our Corporate Conservation Coordinator we annually fund a myriad of conservation programs both nationally and internationally.
We are hiring dynamic, physically fit, experienced animal people who are either in a lead/senior role or who are ready to take the next step up to this level. The position is physically demanding and active. This is a hands-on working position and requires work in the field. Applicants must have significant hands-on animal experience, including proven management experience. Must be professional, in both demeanor and appearance. Non-smoking work environment.
Education and Pre-requisites
• Primate, bird and or hoof stock experience.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in science, Animal science/Biology preferred
• A strong work ethic, good physical condition and a willingness to learn
• Must be able to adhere to our strict personal appearance requirements, no visible tattoos permitted.
• Maintain a non-smoking work environment
• Have the ability to work in all weather conditions
• Experience in using or willing to learn to use trucks, tractors, weed eaters, and other types of machinery
• Minimum of 6 months paid animal care
• Valid Driver’s license
• Must be able to work weekends and holidays
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
Compensation and benefits
Starting salary range of $26,000- $31,200 commensurate with experience. Paid sick and vacation time, comp time, insurance options including vision and dental, 401k.
How to apply
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with Encounter Keeper in the subject line. Only those applicants who fulfill the first 2 requirements will receive a response.