Salisbury Zoological Park
Closing DateJuly 5, 2021
Under the direct supervision of the Education Curator, the Education Technician assists in the development of animal care, handling, enrichment, and training protocols that serve as the guidelines for all staff and volunteers.
1. Develops Zoo educational programming, curricula, educational and promotional materials in line with Zoo, state, national, and industry standards.
2. Promotes and conducts Zoo programming on and off-site.
3. Plans and administers Zoo Camp.
4. Assists with the acquisition, training, handling, and care of the Education Program Animal Collection.
5. Assists with the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision, evaluation, and recognition of volunteers, interns, and part-time staff.
6. Assists in the development of animal care and handling protocols that serve as guidelines to staff and volunteers.
7. Performs a variety of administrative tasks: collects fees; responds to Zoo patron requests; mails information; makes copies.
8. Assists Zoo Director in public relations, planning events and fundraising activities, and long-range planning for the Zoological Park.
9. Keeps informed on current Zoological and animal care practices by attending workshops and educational programs or reading specialized literature.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Pre-requisites
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. Six months related experience.
3. Valid Driver’s License
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of City policies and procedures.
2. Act as a representative of the City of Salisbury to the public.
3. Effectively develop educational and promotional materials and programming;
4. Effectively communicate with the public courteously and tactfully at all times.
5. Effectively communicate and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members.
6. Effectively prioritize and multitask with attention to detail.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations.
Compensation and benefits
Submit an application through this link: