Tanganyika Wildlife Park
Closing DateJuly 28, 2022
Carnivore Lead Keeper
Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, KS is looking for hardworking, self-motivated, dedicated animal care staff. Currently the park is 25 acres and has another 40+ acres to expand and we plan on growing. A new children’s zoo and safari park are among the plans for expansion. Tanganyika prides itself in providing wildly different experiences for its guests and being stewards for the animals in our care. In the past year, we have developed a set of core values to guide leadership and our team to improve and continue to meet our goals of becoming a destination park for visitors and a great place to work. If you like a fast paced, growth mindset culture come join the change.
Due to the upcoming expansions and feedback from our keeper team we’re currently looking to grow our team by nearly 20%! The most successful keepers at Tanganyika enjoy sharing their love of animals with our guests, relish in the opportunity to be creative, are constantly looking for ways to make improvements within their circle of influence, enjoy working on a small team, and take pride in their work.
We’ve developed an objective level and pay system that puts growth (both financial and personal) directly in the hands of the keepers and provides a transparent pay system. We have a competitive benefit package that is growing and improving each year: offering a Simple IRA match, multiple health insurance options, dental, vision, paid time off, and accident insurance.
Care Team Lead Keepers are not only responsible for daily routine tasks (including husbandry, training sessions, and guest experiences), but are also able to step in and oversee day-to-day team operations and communications when the Team Captain is absent. Lead Keepers will also assist with training new hires and act as a role model and mentor for fellow team members. We are looking for individuals who will actively contribute to a positive and constructive work culture, enthusiastically seek out professional growth opportunities, and encourage these qualities in their team members as well.
The carnivore team is responsible for a variety of animals, jaguar, tiger, serval, ratel, lion, and a large cheetah breeding facility. This team gets up early and stays late, and puts in the time to provide the best possible life for their animals. In addition to being part of numerous successful breeding programs, the carnivore team is responsible for training demonstrations, behind the scenes tours and ambassador animal training around the park.
If you love watching baby cheetahs learn to run, assisting guests while they stick feed a lion, or love taking a stroll with a serval then you need to apply to join our team.
Education and Pre-requisites
– Combination of education and hands-on experience that provides the required skills for the position
– Minimum of 3 years paid experience in the zoological field
– Previous management/leadership experience preferred
– Experience working with animal species listed in department description
– Excellent public speaking and customer service skills
– Desire to grow as a team member, animal keeper, and human being
– Ability to stand or walk and be able to perform physical work outside in all weather conditions
– Ability to bend, stoop, and lift 50-75 pounds when necessary
– Ability to work long hours, weekend, weekdays, holidays, and everyday
Desired skills, experience, and individual qualities:
– Self motivated
– Hard working
– Ability to read behavior
– Fast learner
– Operant conditioning experience
– Conflict resolution
Compensation and benefits
Compensation and Benefits:
– Starting hourly rate of $13.50/hr with pay modifiers for previous FT Keeper experience.
– Year round, full-time position
– Professional development program that allows Keepers to improve their skill set – and earn additional pay compensation
– Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
– Supplemental Insurance
– 401(k) with employer match
– Paid PTO starting at 90 days
– In-House Discounts
– Free admission to TWP for yourself and family
Please apply at https://twpark.applicantstack.com/x/openings
If you have any issues apply please email email@example.com for assistance.