Tanganyika Wildlife Park
Closing DateAugust 22, 2023
Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, KS is looking for hardworking, self-motivated, dedicated animal care staff. Currently the park is 25 acres and has another 40+ acres to expand and we plan on growing. A new children’s zoo and safari park are among the plans for expansion. Tanganyika prides itself in providing wildly different experiences for its guests and being stewards for the animals in our care. In the past year, we have developed a set of core values to guide leadership and our team to improve and continue to meet our goals of becoming a destination park for visitors and a great place to work. If you like a fast paced, growth mindset culture come join the change.
The BREZ team (as we like to call it around here) is responsible for a variety of animals, including a well behaved mob of red kangaroos, over 13 species of birds, the interactive and most popular area of the park, the children’s zoo, and the education animal collection (reptiles and small mammals). This team takes hustle to a whole new level and has the raking skills of 1200 men. Being responsible for three of the interactive areas of the park and such a large education animal collection means we can attribute at least 30% of the smiles in the park to this team!
If you love watching baby kangaroos take their first hops, enjoy seeing the thrill when kids hear 26 guinea pigs squeak all at once, or love spending time ambassadoring animals to the public then this is the team for you!
Education and Pre-requisites
• Combination of education and hands-on experience that provides the required skills for the position
• Excellent public speaking and customer service skills
• Desire to grow as a team member, animal keeper, and human being
• Ability to stand or walk and be able to perform physical work outside in all weather conditions
• Ability to bend, stoop, and lift 50-75 pounds when necessary
• Ability to work long hours, weekend, weekdays, holidays, and everyday
Desired skills, experience, and individual qualities:
• Self motivated
• Hard working
• Ability to read behavior
• Fast learner
• Operant conditioning experience
• Conflict resolution
Compensation and benefits
• Starting hourly rate of $13.50/hr with pay modifiers for previous FT Keeper experience
• Professional development program that allows Keepers to improve their skill set and earn additional pay compensation
• Health, vision and dental insurance
• Supplemental Insurance
• 401(k) with match
• PTO starting at 90 days
• In-House Discounts
• Free admission to TWP for yourself and family
Please apply at https://twpark.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
If you have any issues apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.