Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch
Closing DateNovember 23, 2020
The Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR), a world-renowned animal sanctuary located on 1,400 acres that is home to almost 1,000 domestic and exotic animals from over 40 species, many of whom have been rescued from near-death situations such as slaughterhouses, biomedical research laboratories, and trophy hunting ranches, offers a variety of internship opportunities for young professionals looking to gain experience in the field of animal sanctuary.
There are four positions available:
1) Animal Care Internships (Equine, Primate, and Wildlife)
o Animal Care Interns have the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on animal care experience, knowledge about a variety of species, and exposure to the operations of an animal sanctuary.
2) Sanctuary Facilities Internship
o Sanctuary Facilities Interns to assist the Facilities Department with the daily maintenance of the sanctuary. The facilities internship primarily involves land management responsibilities, but also incorporates maintenance tasks as well. Duties include landscaping, irrigation, enclosure modification, and vehicle maintenance.
3) Veterinary Technician Internship
o Veterinary Technician Interns will have the opportunity to work alongside our veterinary staff to learn and perform various animal husbandry and medical duties while gaining valuable sanctuary experience.
4) Education and Outreach Internship
o The Education and Outreach Intern will learn about and gain experience in humane education, community outreach, event planning, social media and public speaking.
Education and Pre-requisites
EDUCATION AND PRE-REQUISITES
• Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
• Able and willing to follow all safe animal handling protocols as explained during training
• Able to work closely with the CABBR staff and to think strategically in order to meet the program’s needs
• Able to work well independently and as part of a team, and use good judgment
• Willing to take initiative on a variety of projects and change priorities
• Able to understand the HSUS’ and CABBR’s policies, mission, and positions regarding animal protection issues and able and willing to appropriately and accurately represent those policies when interacting with the public or otherwise representing the HSUS
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must provide proof of negative tuberculosis (TB) test;
• Must have a driver’s license and an excellent driving record
• Must submit the required paperwork and pass a background check before being assigned
• Should have a phone for easy communication, access to a computer and ability to login into an online volunteer communication site to receive updates
Compensation and benefits
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Internships are paid a stipend of $200/week for expenses, free onsite housing is available on a first come, first served basis.
Internships are available quarterly (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter).
12 weeks in length, @ 40 hours per week.
For a detailed description of each internship and where to apply: http://www.fundforanimals.org/blackbeauty/internships.
Questions? Contact Christi Gilbreth, Intern Coordinator: email@example.com