Tiger World, Rockwell, NC
Closing DateNovember 23, 2020
Tiger World Endangered Wildlife Preserve, a non-profit charity, has an immediate opening for a Full-Time permanent Animal Care Professional to help care and manage our collection of Big Cats and Primates.
We are located just 20 minutes North of Charlotte, NC and have amazing animals including Lions, Tigers, Jaguars, Leopards, Lemurs, Baboons, Bears, Birds, Reptiles, and more. Tiger World is a 501(c)3 non-profit public charity focused on conservation through education. We reach over 30,000 children a year through tours and demonstrations in addition to our general guest attendance. We are an intimate experience for guests to get a closer look and better understanding of not only tigers, but all 36 species residing within our conservation and education center. Staff has the privilege of engaging guests about the residents while utilizing operant conditioning training both protected and free contact with a variety of animals. Our zoo takes care of individual animals all with different personalities and we are looking for the right person who enjoys animal relationship building and keen on listening to the animals and their needs.
Successful Candidate will be responsible for;
1. Monitoring and documenting Daily Animal Health.
2. Preparation of diets including processing of meat, fruits/veggies and daily administration of medications and supplements.
3. Maintaining cleanliness of animal habitats and food areas.
4. Operant conditioning & environmental/behavioral enrichment.
5. Educational Tours & Keeper Talks.
6. Interaction and Handling of animals
7. Assist with veterinary care and baby raising as needed.
8. Participation with exhibit enhancement and building of new exhibits.
9. Participation with maintenance of grounds in and around exhibits.
Education and Pre-requisites
Full-Time permanent position working at least 40 hours per week including weekends, holidays, and events as needed. Successful candidates will work in close proximity to dangerous animals, and professionalism, trust, and excellent communication skills are required.
1. BS degree in Biology/Zoology or related field or equivalent education, experience, and training.
2. MINIMUM 1 Year Previous full-time experience in a zoological institution.
3. Requires a team player that will interact positively with guests, staff, and volunteers.
4. Must be able lift at least 60 pounds.
5. Must work under challenging conditions and extreme weather.
6. Must be a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
7. Must be able to follow instructions and required policies and procedures.
8. Must be honest, trustworthy and organized and be passionate about working with Big Cats.
9. Must have valid driver’s license and social security card or Work Visa.
10. One  letter of reference/recommendation.
11. Up to date vaccinations including for Tetanus and be TB Negative.
Compensation and benefits
Competitive Pay. Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Vacation/Sick Time earned at 1 day per month of employment. Health Care Stipend available upto $150 per month.
On-site living opportunity is available for the right person.
Please send your Resumé and Cover Letter to email@example.com (letter of recommendation needed upon request). We also enjoy pictures of your past experiences, please include them with your application. We carefully evaluate all applicants and will call for interviews over the phone. If selected we do in person working interviews and will provide 50% contribution for travel. Good Luck!