Wildcat Ridge Sanctuary
Closing DateJuly 1, 2019
WildCat Ridge Sanctuary has an immediate opening for a full-time Animal Care Keeper. WCR is located in Scotts Mills Oregon. (40 miles south of Portland) WCR is a member of the American Sanctuary Association, Tigers in America, Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries, American Association of Zoo Keepers and Big Cat Sanctuary Alliance. WCR is home to over 50 wildcats and Hybrids.
• Observe all animals on a daily basis, reporting any changes in behavior or physical appearance.
• Perform routine husbandry and environmental maintenance.
• Feed prescribed diets, perform assigned and approved enrichment activities, assist in the restraint and treatment of animals.
• Participate in routine animal transports to and from the vet clinic as needed.
• Be prepared to respond to emergency situations.
• Keepers will work with volunteers and other staff, collaborating as well as train and manage any Interns that may be working.
Education and Pre-requisites
• Prior sanctuary experience is a plus.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be in good physical condition
• Must be able to consistently lift 30 pounds
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions
• Must be fluent in English (both written and verbal)
• Must provide your own housing and vehicle.
• Candidates must have a least one year of undergraduate program studies in zoology, biology, or other animal-related fields.
Full-time Keepers work weekdays and weekends as needed, with a minimum of 40 hours.
WildCat Ridge Sanctuary is a no-contact facility.
Compensation and benefits
• Starting wage is $13 an hour.
• After a 90 day probationary period, WCR provides health coverage and possible increase.
• There is no on-site housing available.
Please send resume, cover letter, transcripts, and a copy of Driver’s License along with three reference contacts(including phone numbers)